Our Permaculture Life: Kitchen Garden Polyculture: Managing the Abundance

Kitchen Garden Polyculture: Managing the Abundance


I love my polycultural kitchen garden here in the Australian subtropics. It's always full of food, flavours, teas, medicines, bees and wildlife - no matter what season, and it always looks lush and colourful. My kitchen garden is really a forest of food, for not just me but the many other species that also call it home.

I have found that they key to supporting a thriving and diverse polycultural and mostly perennial kitchen garden is managing the abundance - not letting things take over.

Each plant brings so many benefits and can be used in so many ways. They each contribute to the dynamic balance in the cultivated ecology that is a permaculture kitchen garden.

New film

In this short film, I discuss this and show you how I use and manage one of my favourite bushtucker trees (Lemon Myrtle: Backhousea citriodora) that is right up close in my zone 1 permaculture garden - just off my verandah next to the entrance path.

I hope you enjoy watching this week's film (the rain affected the film quality a bit, but was wonderful for the soil and plants!).

Subscribe to my free and ad-free films

Don't forget to subscribe to hear when each of my new films is released. The subscribe link is on each film on my YouTube Chanel https://www.youtube.com/c/moraggambleourpermaculturelife

I'd love you to be my patron

If you enjoy this film and/or my blog, I'd like to encourage you to check out www.patreon.com/moraggamble - the place where you can become my patron to support me in creating regular free permaculture and simple living materials (and keep them ad-free). You can become my patron for just $1/month (or more if you like it a lot!) and I have a few special thank-you's for those who do. Every little bit helps.

Thank you

Whether you can or want to become a patron, I just wanted to say that I am so happy that you watch these films, send in your comments and share them around - to share positive news and positive ripple effects. :-) Please also keep the requests and questions coming.

Labels: , , , , , , ,