Our Permaculture Life: Compost Simply

Compost Simply


Throughout my permaculture garden I have lots of different compost systems and ways to improve the soil. This makes it easy create abundant and healthy food gardens.

My soil improvement strategies include:
Compost bin - producing great compost and attracting soil life to the area around it. I'll simply lift the bin off, spread the compost around and make my new no-dig garden here. I move the bin to the next area needing attention and start again. I call it the 'compost tractor'.


I have received many requests to make films about how I compost. This is the first of a new series of films I will make about the compost systems in my garden.

Some of the films I've made before about building soil, soil fertility and worm farming are:

Supporting the development of healthy and alive soil feeds healthy plants and makes healthy food growing simpler.

In this 7 minute film, I explain my approach to using compost bins in my garden and how I make compost in situ. I use my compost bin as a 'compost tractor' - moving it around my garden to places that most need to have a boost.




In the film there is a cameo of one of my regular garden visitors - a kangaroo with a joey in her pouch. Being surrounded by nature is one of the things I love most about my garden and ecovillage life.


Morag on YouTube

I'd like to encourage you to subscribe to Our Permaculture Life YouTube Channel to receive notification of all the films that I make in my permaculture garden and beyond. Don't forget to send in requests too. There are now over 30 films available there.


Morag on Patreon 

I make these films free and keep them ad-free. I did try the ads for a bit, but was so disappointed to see fast food adverts introducing my films about good food and healthy living, that I now refuse to partake. If you like these practical films, consider becoming my patron from $1/month (https://www.patreon.com/moraggamble). Think of it like subscribing to a magazine you like. Here's a bit more about how it works.




Subscribe to Morag Gamble's Newsletter


Labels: , , , , , ,